I help human rights organizations organize their information, including contacts, events, knowledge, and case management. I am particularly interested in the documentation of human rights violations.
My favorite tools:
- I’m very comfortable using Drupal and WordPress content management systems.
- I’m familiar with Martus (Benetech).
- I’m familiar with Salesforce and CiviCRM contact relationship management systems.
- I’m eager to learn Casebox (HURIDOCS).
- Attended Digital Security Training of Trainers, December 2010, Turkey
- Attended Martus Training of Trainers, 2012, New York City
Contributed to the development of these websites:
- New Tactics in Human Rights – https://www.newtactics.org
- Minnesota International NGO Network – http://www.minnesotangos.org
- Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum – http://www.hrforumzim.org/
- Elizabeth Nields pottery – http://elizabethnieldsclayworkshop.com/
Co-presented a session at DrupalCon Portland 2013. Click here to watch New Tactics: A case study of the UX process for multi-lingual activists.
Working with a global team in limited time zones, limited budget and hard deadlines, is commonplace in the international NGO community. This panel digs into the discovery process behind designing, building and implementing a multi-lingual responsive theme for New Tactics, an international human rights organization. Combining the perspectives of the client, user experience designer and front end developer, this session provides an in-depth look at the challenges and successes of this process.
Learn how this team processed and handled development for multiple devices and varying bandwidth capabilities to implement a sound solution to reach a targeted audience of human rights activists in the Middle East.